Wednesday 15 January 2014

15 January 2014

Hi folks

Well it is official, my diet plan is made to make me hungry.  I don't know if I can continue this, I am starving.  No carbs except in the evening time, and even then it is only a palm of the hand sized amount.  Loads of green veg, and plenty of protein.  And that is basically it.

I get that it is good for me.  I get that it has all the nutrients my body needs.  But I am HUNGRY!!

It is not going to be sustainable for me in the long term.  There is no way that I want to continue eating like this for the rest of my life.

I am on day three and all I can think of is on Sunday I get to eat a cheatmeal. I am planning every last morsel of that meal.  I am allowed to eat for an hour, after that I must leave the table.  An hour.  A full hour of eating.  Bring on the carbs!!!  I am thinking of going to get BBQ food at Bubbacue.

Bubbacue #cheatmeal
On the otherhand I am still in training for the 5K.  I am doing a couch to 5k programme and tonight will be the fourth night.  Twice a week we jog/walk/jog/walk building up the time and the distance, until at the end of a ten week programme we should be able to run 5k.  I can definately see that I am improving, but I am a long way off running 5k without at least 100 breaks in the middle of it!!

I love that my attitude toward exercise has changed.  We were talking in work the other day and were discussing PE class at school.  Then all we wanted to do was get out of class, to be excused from doing any type of exercise.  Now I go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week and have started a C25K programme.  Where did that come from??

I have indoor trainers and outside trainers.  I own hiking boots and outdoor waterproof clothes.  I have climbed a mountain and am in training to do a 5mile mud challenge assault course in April.

Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment