Friday 10 January 2014

10 January 2014

The PT session last night kicked my ass.  I have been going to the gym for a year now, so I figured I knew how to squat, and deadlift, but no, it seems I have been doing it all wrong and in fact, I haven't been lifting anywhere near large enough weights.

So last night, instead of squatting 15kg, I was squatting 27kg.  And instead of deadlifting 10kg, I did 25kg.

Is it any wonder that my legs and knees are crippled today?

I also did 80kg on the leg press, and some serious stepping up on the step.

And after that then she says, "Just jump on the treadmill Tina and we will do some jogging".  HAHA!!

My legs were like jelly, and I managed 1 min jogging, 3 walking, 1 jogging, then 2 walking.

And I thought I would die.

The shower afterwards felt bloody good tho!!

This morning I woke up a little stiff and sore in my thighs, but nothing I couldn't handle. But somewhere between making breakfast, and sitting down to eat it, my knee has decided to give way. I am in PAIN.

But you know what, no pain, no gain.

The next time I see her is Thursday, but by that time I will have completed a week of the program she has set me.

Each week she wants me to lift heavier weights, and run further on the treadmill.

I haven't been pushed this hard since giving birth!

No comments:

Post a Comment