Wednesday 12 March 2014

12 March 2014

Ever felt like a horrible person?

Just felt like oops I didn't mean it that way but its out now so what can I do?

For the past year I have been on a fitness kick, I have changed my habits totally, moving away from being a couch potato and becoming a gym bunny. 

In that process I have lost some weight and lost a dress size or two (well I have lost 62lb and 3 or 4 dress sizes) and now ppl feel like the can talk about it.

It was me that did all that work, why are you proud?  I slogged my guts out at the gym, I ran in the cold, I sweated like a sweaty person, not you, why do you get to talk about it and be proud?

thats my gripe today.

I feel horrible.

I know my friends are pleased for me.  I know that I have changed pretty significantly.  I know that it is becoming more and more noticeable, BUT, it wasn't you that did it.  So, sorry folks, I don't want you being proud of me, I don't want you asking me how much I have lost, or when I am going to stop.

I'm not going to stop.

This is the new me.

I'm not on a diet.

I'm not even trying to lose weight anymore.

I have changed my lifestyle.

I will continue to exercise 6 days a week from now on, cos I LIKE HOW IT MAKES ME FEEL.

I do not like the exercise bit so much some times, but I love that feeling that a good workout gives me.

I love that sweaty finish, with aching muscles, with shortness of breath and knowing that I worked damn hard during that session.

If you want to look at me and talk about something, don't talk about how I did it, talk about how you can do it too.

Because if I can, you can too.

Use me as inspiration if you want.

Use me as an example of a fat girl changing her life.

And then start making healthier choices.

One choice at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment