Monday 3 February 2014

3 February 2014

Sometimes on rainy days I just don't want to get up and do anything.  My bed is cosy and warm, and I have everything I need within easy reach.  But work has to be done, so I get up and leave my warm bed and go out into the rain and cold.  I know we are lucky here, we haven't had all the snow and cold that America has been getting.  We also haven't been affected with the flooding that many parts of England have had, along with other parts of the UK.

However it doesn't make it any easier getting up out of bed!

On Sunday R and I went for a run.  He bought me luvly new trainers and running clothes as an early Valentine gift.  So we had to make use of it.  We ran about 1 1/2 miles on Sunday and it was exhausting!  He is fitter than me and he does nothing.  It is both annoying and brilliant at the same time.

Brilliant cos then he can keep me at it, encouraging me and not letting me give up.

Annoying because he doesn't get tired.  I have been going to the gym for a year now, and running for four weeks.  And he is better than me!!

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

It is week five of the C25K programme tonight, and whilst I definately feel I am getting there, I am not there yet.  However the trainers in the programme think we are all about 2 weeks ahead of schedule, which is kinda good. 

I am beginning to like running.  I'm not good at it, but it makes me feel good to complete the small goals I set for myself.  Just run to that next lamppost, just run until you reach the gate, just run until you feel you can't run anymore.....I hope that one day in the not too distant future I will be telling you all how I have run a 5k, I registered today with Parkrun, but that doesn't mean i am ready to do it just yet.  However R has said he will do it with me when I do decide to go for it.

It is so great having a supportive husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment