Thursday 31 January 2013

January 31 2013

It has now been 31 whole days since I started this blog.  I saw on Instagram or Facebook or somewhere how people were doing #365 projects, (there you go, it must be Instagram cos of the hashtag), and I decided to give it a go.  I tried on Instagram, taking a pic every day of which book I was reading...well that lasted approximately a week. I like reading, and in fact usually have a couple of books on the go. And I love taking pics, so I thought that would work.  Turns out, I am not too fond of taking pics of books I am reading.

This on the other hand stuck.

It hasn't been hard, but I haven't tried too hard.  Most posts have only been a few lines, and occasionally a pic or two. 

I think next month I will try putting a little bit more thought into my posts, not for any particular reason, other than, I have stuck it a month so why not?

Another thing I have stuck for a whole month is the gym.  I am proud of this fact.  I very rarely stick at anything, it is far easier to just sit on the sofa and watch TV rather than going to the gym and working out.  I still don't know what put it in my head that I should do it, I have thought about it before, but that's all I did.  Thought about it.  I never did anything about it. 

This time I didn't think.  I went to the gym and paid my money the first night.  The second night I went.  And it was hard.  It was very hard.

The most I had done previous to this was walking home from work, slowly.  And at the gym they expected me to actually break a sweat.  I came home that night complaining that I didn't want to go again.  It was hard and I just didn't like it.  However I had paid my money, so I didn't want to waste it.  So I went back.  Again.  And again.  And again.

I wouldn't say I like it now either.  But I don't hate it as much.  And it feels really good walking out of the gym afterwards, knowing that I stayed on the stepper just that little bit more, or survived the Zumba class without collapsing.

Its true what they say.  Your body gets used to working out quite quickly.  I can do things now that I wouldn't have dreamed of a month ago.  And it is making my dreams bigger.  I want to lose more.  I want to get fitter.  I want to be able to run marathons.  (Ok that's going a wee bit too far, but you get my point)

If I can do it, you can do it.

What do you want to do?  Make a decision and do it.  Don't let that little voice in your head tell you that you can't do it.  You can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment