Friday 3 April 2015

I'm feeling sentimental today

Ever have one of those days when you start thinking about the past, and wondering if you made the right choices?

I'm a firm believer in the choices (good and bad) that you make in your life turn you into the person you are today.  That without those bad choices and decisions the person reading this blog (and the person writing it) wouldn't be the person they are.

So what if when I was 16 I had a kid?

So what if I trained as a teacher, but now work as a secretary?

So what if I invited a girl to stay with me for a month when I had never ever met her IRL?

We need to make choices then cope with those choices.

We can't make the decisions then go crying back to mummy saying that wasn't what I wanted. 

All decisions have consequences, some of them good, some of them bad.  But there are always consequences to our actions.  As adults we have to deal with those consequences.  So we should learn to deal with them early on.

Parents stop making things so easy for your kids...its ok if they mess up and get a bit embarrassed.  Its ok if they fail a test.  Thats how we learn.  Let then say sorry.  Let them go back to the shop and bring back that chocolate bar that "fell into their pocket".  I feel if we learned earlier on in life that its ok if everything doesn't go our way we will be much better adults.

I look back over my life cursing some of the decisions I made.  But I know that without them, I wouldn't be me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment