Wednesday 11 December 2013

11 12 13

Today is the 11th December 2013, hence 11 12 13 as my title.

I often find myself becoming downhearted because my life is not as perfect as the girl next doors, or that person I know from the gym or my favourite blogger, or my facebook friend.

Then I slap myself up the head and remind myself of a few things.
1. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors.  The amount of times I have looked at a couple we know and thought "They are happy together, this one is going the distance" only for them to break up, because of cheating or whatever.  People put on their best face for the outside world.  Their blogs, their facebook feed, the bits of their life they share at the gym...its not the whole picture.  It is the part they want to show you, or the part they feel they can show you.  You might not know that last night they cried themselves to sleep, or that they are crazy busy at work and haven't had a lunchbreak in a fortnight.  The world only sees what they put out there, what you put out there.  We all try to put out the best possible image of ourselves, so next time you look at a facebook profile or a blog and wish for your life to be as good as theirs, remind yourself...someone is probably wishing the exact same thing about yours.
2. My life is pretty good in its own right.  Your life is pretty good in its own right.  I have my health.  I have a roof over my head.  I have a job.  I have food in my kitchen.  I am far more blessed than a good proportion of the world.  If you have these things, you are blessed too.
3. I am loved.  I have a husband who adores me.  I have a family who are always there for me.  I have friends who would drop anything to be with me if I need them to.  I have facebook friends who have turned into family.  I work hard to develop these relationships, because having people who care for me makes my life easier.  It is selfish possibly, but I believe what I put out I get back. 

So next time you start worrying about how the girl next door has the perfect hair and the perfect car and the perfect figure, ask yourself...who is saying the same about me!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment